Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Attack of the Geek

Well I'm back. I don't know how well I'll keep up with this site but I'm going to make a harder effort.

I'm actually looking into moving to another site and using a blogging tool called WordPress to write my blog. This was sparked because I'm looking into creating a new intranet web site for my company. It hasn't been updated in a long time since no one knows much about HTML. So I'm working on using WordPress as a Content Management System that even a monkey could use to update a site. I've also found this cool web server called Uniform Server. Just unzip it and you have a fully functional web server running Apache, MySQL, and PHP along with Perl I think. I'm using that as a test bed for my Wordpress intranet site. I'm thinking about getting a pretty sleek yet simple, easy to update, dynamic intranet site. If I can convince them to use it and get good feedback on it I'm going to try to add some more content like maybe a bulletin board system.

Ok my Minor in Management Information Systems has reared its ugly head in the last week so I apologize for all the nerdy tech talk to you non dorks that actually read this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home